The Bloodytini is the evening version of the Bloody Mary. While the Bloody Mary is all done up in ice and garnishes and a tall glass, the Bloodytini leaves the ice in the shaker and is served in a low-cut glass. This drink is a savory cocktail – perfect to kick off a heartier meal.
- Vodka – Grey Goose is my preference. If you like spice, you may elect to use a pepper vodka
- Bloody Mary Mix – see my recipe for homemade mix or use your favorite mix
- Hot Sauce – Tobasco is the standard, but use whatever sauce you prefer
- Olive Juice – if you have a jar of green olives, use a smidge of the juice from the jar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Olives for Garnish – I use bleu cheese stuffed olives that I stuff by hand
- Measuring Shot Glass – grab one that shows ozs
- Martini Glass
- Pick for Olives
- Gather your ingredients:
- Fill the shaker 2/3 full with ice.
- Measure 2.5 oz of vodka and pour it over the ice in the shaker.
- Measure 2.5 oz of bloody mary mixture and add it to the shaker.
- Shake Tabasco in to your spice preference.
- Pour a splash of olive juice into the shaker – a teaspoon full maybe and not much more.
- Cover the shaker and shake for 15-20 second to blend the ingredients.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Add 3-4 drops of Worcestershire sauce over the top in the middle. This will sink to the bottom and look pretty darned cool.
- Add the olives or whatever garnish you like. If you want to stuff your own, you can do that or use whatever olives you prefer.
- The end result will look like this: